Temple University has a busy two weeks ahead! This coming Monday through Friday is the university’s Sustainability Week, and it's jam-packed with leaders in environmental action and policy who will impart their pearls peas of wisdom regarding student and sustainability; clean technology for entrepreneurs; the impact of sustainable design on business; involving local Asian and Hispanic communities in the sustainability discussion; and more. See the complete list of events below.
Big breath. Then, the week of the April 12, Temple will host a small handful of other events, including “Keep Philadelphia Beautiful,” at which the new citywide plastic bag initiative, Bring it Back Philly, will be introduced. Representatives from Keep Philadelphia Beautiful, the PA Merchants Association, Progressive Bag Alliance of the American Chemistry Council, Penn Jersey Paper Co. and PA Convenience Stores will speak at the event. Details on anticipated speakers and public forums for the Climate Action Plan have not yet been posted, so be sure to stop here every now and then for more information on this second week of speakers.
Sustainability Week 2010 Events:
- Speaker: Tom Szaky, CEO and Co-Founder of TerraCycle
- Seminar: EPA Seminar, Beyond Translation, Building a Healthy and Sustainable Community Today
- Speaker: David Kinsey, Regional Rewards Manager of Recycle Bank
- Movie showing: The 11th Hour
- Discussion: Entrepreneurship Fireside Chat with Harry Halloran, Chairman of American Refining and Clean Tech Social Entrepreneur
- Lecture: Subhankar Banerjee, Photographer and Conservationist
- Conference: 5th Annual Social Entrepreneurship Conference, The Impact of Design on Sustainable Business
- Speaker: Dave Stangis, Vice President and Chief of Sustainability Office of Campbell Soup
Visit Temple University’s sustainability webpage for times of and more details for sustainability week events.