Does seeing litter make you a little crazy? Us too! That’s why we recommend the Swedish trend of plogging, which involves picking up litter while running. Thanks to our friends Clean Air Council, Not in Philly, Pennsylvania Resources Council, and West Philly Runners, there will be a series of plogging events from April 9-15. (A great opportunity for you to get in some final runs before the Clean Air Council’s Run For Clean Air on April 22).
Plogging not only creates awareness around the effects of litter on our neighborhoods and environment, it also adds a boost to your regular running routine as you squat, bend and lift for added cardio movement while helping to clean up the city.
Join Philadelphia’s running groups as they clean up city streets during their usual weekly runs. Bags and gloves will be provided. Gloves are available in latex and latex-free, but feel free to bring your favorite gardening gloves if you prefer! You can visit the Clean Air Council’s website for more information.
• Back on My Feet – 5:30 AM at Broad & Bainbridge
• East Falls Flyers –- 6:30 PM at Falls Bridge
• Team Humane League – 6:30 PM at Hardena, 1754 S. Hicks St
• Manayunk Beer Runners – 6:30 PM at Main St & Green Ln under the Manayunk Bridge
• South Philly Striders – 6:15 AM at Front & South
• Shake Shack Run Club – 6:30 PM at 1601 Walnut St, Philadelphia Runner
• Passyunk Beer & Java Runners – 7 PM at The Singing Fountain, Passyunk and Tasker
• Back on My Feet – 5:30 AM at 49th & Arch
• Fairmount Running Club – 6:45 PM at 20th & Fairmount
• Torresdale Beer Runners – 7 PM at Location TBD
• Philadelphia Runner Manayunk – 6:30 PM at 4358 Main St
• Point Breeze Runners – 6:30 PM at 1800 Federal St, American Sardine Bar
• Fishtown Beer Runners – 7 PM at 7pm – Palmer Park, Fairmount & E. Palmer OR 7th & Bainbridge
OR Courtyard of City Hall, Broad & Market
• Back on My Feet – 5:30 AM – Broad & Spring Garden AND Morris St & Point Breeze Ave (2 different runs)
• Pennypack Trail Runners – 8:30 AM at Pennypack Park, Pine Rd Lot, 8750 Pine Rd
• Chasing Trail – 9 AM at Valley Green Inn, Wissahickon