Are you a bike-riding, garden growing, veggie composting, local business enthusiast who knows how to pitch a client? Red Flag Media, a Philadelphia based publishing company, is seeking a full time salesperson to sell ads for Grid, our free monthly award-winning sustainability publication.
The ideal candidate is immersed, or has a great interest, in Philadelphia's sustainability scene; possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills; and excels at keeping organized and completing tasks. Social networking savvy is a must, but the candidate should also be unafraid to pick up the phone or visit a client. Grid is frequently invited to table at events, so we're looking for someone who can pitch in with some marketing duties and cheerfully interact with the public as a "face of Grid."
Responsibilities will include:
- Meet with ad sales team to identify potential advertisers
- Find out who controls the ad budget in targeted organizations
- Furnish ad sales material to prospective advertisers
- Persuade clients to buy advertising, largely achieved through a thorough an understanding of, and belief in, our mission
- Scan local media to spot potential advertisers
- Generate paperwork for billing department for ad sales completed
- Table at events
A minimum of one year sales or marketing experience is preferred. This position reports directly to the Publisher, and will collaborate closely with other members of the Grid team.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume telling us a little bit about yourself, preferably about your connection to the sustainability world to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary starts @ $25K w/ opportunities for commission and a very generous benefits package.