This unusual specimen of Victorian Romanesque Revival architecture near Norris Square in Kensington is a multicultural marvel: a German history with an Asian owner in a Latino neighborhood. Built in 1890, the hall hosted several German Singing Societies, including the Banater Maennerchor “male chorus.” During its 1920s heyday, the Maennerchor not only sang, but also offered free classes, trained local homeless men and sponsored a renowned soccer team. Following a 1939 merger, Maennerchor became the United German Hungarian Club, and eventually moved outside the city to Oakford, Pa., in 1961. The current owners have leased the building to an organization that wants to convert it into an art gallery. For more on this story, visit the Hidden City Daily, hiddencityphila.org.