Are you passionate about sustainability? Do you want to get hands-on experience working for a small publication? Grid is looking for eco-minded individuals in the Philadelphia area interested in contributing to our monthly magazine and online content. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience reporting, researching and fact checking in a small team. Preferred candidates will have strong writing skills and interest, if not experience, covering environmental or sustainability issues. Editorial internships are typically a semester-long and unpaid, but students can receive school credit for their time. Below is a description of internship duties. If interested in applying, please send a resume and a few writing samples to Grid's managing editor Liz Pacheco (email@example.com).
- Writing blog posts for the Grid website.
- Assisting with Grid's social media pages (Facebook and Twitter)
- Researching story ideas
- Attending press conferences and local events to write-up
- Fielding and formatting event submissions for Grid's online and print calendars
- Assisting in the distribution of the magazine (includes some delivery, visiting distribution points, and making monthly follow-up calls to distribution points)
- Attending Grid parties and tabling at Grid events
- Transcribing interviews
- Fact checking