GRID is seeking a few environmentally savvy fall interns to assist with editorial and office duties at our Chinatown headquarters!
- Assisting with GRID’s social media pages (Facebook and Twitter)
- Writing daily posts on local and national sustainability news for The Griddle
- Online research for story ideas
- Attending press conferences and local events for write-up
- Fielding and formatting event submissions for GRID’s online and print calendars
- Assisting in the distribution of the magazine (includes some delivery, visiting distribution points, and making monthly follow-up calls to distribution points)
- Attending GRID parties and tabling at GRID events
- Interview transcription
- Fact checking
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to learn more about Philadelphia’s sustainability scene, while gaining valuable journalism experience. Those with an interest in and knowledge of sustainability organizations and initiatives in Philadelphia preferred. Previous journalism experience, writing and editing know-how, at least 10 hours of availability per week, and experience in traversing Philadelphia’s many neighborhoods also a plus -- opportunities for contributing editorial content to the magazine may also be available.
If interested, please submit resume, 3 writing clips, and weekly availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this internship is unpaid.