From April 18th to April 21st, Empowerment Group will host 9 events that will encourage Philadelphia’s residents to tackle their entrepreneurial dreams in celebration of Entrepreneurship Week. The group is seeking entrepreneurs at all phases of business development to take part in a community micro grant competition. Seven entrepreneurs will compete to win funds.
All throughout the week, the Philadelphia community is encouraged to join in on exciting events that will help further their entrepreneurial drives. It will educate the general public about the significance of innovative businesses through valuable and informative events that emphasize the capability to motivate change through smart and sustainable business ideas. Since its initial launch in 2006 Entrepreneurship Week has grown significantly, and through this event they hope to plant a seed for innovation, positive change, and an increase in local businesses.
Featured Entrepreneurs 2011
- Bennet Compost
- Derisory Designs
- SA VA
- Hydros Bottle
Continue for rules and how to apply.
- Participants will pay $10-$20 for dinner reception and an opportunity to vote for the best business concepts
- All proceeds will go toward the micro grand funding pool
- Participants in the competition will have 5 minutes to present their business idea and a specific use for the funding
- The winner will receive all funds raised during the dinner
- Empowerment Group will provided continued coverage of the winner’s business
Please submit a one-page response to the following questions:
- What is your business or business idea?
- To what specific purpose or project would you apply the community grant funds?
- How would the funds affect your business plans?
You may submit applications to Alex Hosford, service coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or comments, please call 215-427-9245