Hopefully, you’ve all seen at least one of our previous posts on one of the largest clean-up efforts in Philadelphia, but just in case it slipped your mind, here is a little reminder!
Make sure you don’t miss out on one of the best ways to keep Philadelphia beautiful by participating in Philadelphia’s 4th Annual Philly Spring Cleanup tomorrow, Saturday, April 2nd from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Join the Philadelphia Streets Department and Mayor Michael Nutter at Cobbs Creek Park, located at 63rd and Walnut Streets for live music, tree planting and other volunteer opportunities and refreshments.
For the complete schedule of events, continue after the jump.
Mayor Nutter’s Philly Spring Cleanup Schedule:
- 10 AM: Walnut Hill Spring Cleanup at 46 and Market Streets: Litter and debris removal on Market Street from 45th to 49th Street, hosted by The Enterprise Center Community Development Corporation. Volunteers will also prepare the urban farm at 46th and Market Street for summer and spring.
- 10:45 AM: Making and Keeping Newbold Clean in 2011 at 15th and Mifflin Streets: Volunteers will gather at Ultimo Coffee to distribute information about Philadelphia’s recycling program and will pass out recycling bins. There will be a general street cleanup as well.
- 11:30 AM: Brother Hood of Huntingdon Street at 17th and Huntingdon Streets: Approximately 20 volunteers will sweep and collect trash along 17th Street from Cumberland Street to Lehigh Avenue.
- 12:00 PM: Cecil B. Moore Recreation Center at 22nd and Huntingdon Streets: Volunteers will prepare the recreation summer for the busy summer and spring months by cleaning the pool area, ball fields, outdoor and indoor facilities.
- 12:30 PM: Northeast High School at 1600 Cottman Avenue: Volunteers will walk the perimeter of the building and school grounds to cleanup trash and debris. There will be graffiti removal on the exterior of the school walls and planting projects.
- 1:00 PM: Rising Sun Project at Lawncrest Recreation Center at 6600 Rising Sun Avenue: Mulching and planting around the recreation center.
- 1:30 PM: SEPTA Philly Spring Cleanup Project Site at Festival Pier: Wrap up luncheon with SEPTA and volunteers at the festival pier.