In celebration of Black History month, tonight, from 6-8 p.m., the Reading Terminal Market is hosting an author appearance, book signing and panel discussion about the history of the civil rights movement in Philadelphia. The event will feature the authors of the new book Tasting Freedom: Octavius Catto and the Battle for Freedom in Civil War America (now available for purchase at Headhouse Books).
- Dan Biddle and Murray Dubin, authors of Tasting Freedom
- Ramona Riscoe Benson, President of The African American Museum
- Jim Kenney, Philadelphia City Councilman-at-large
- J. Whyatt Mondesire, President of the NAACP Philadelphia Chapter
- V. Chapman Smith, Regional Administrator for the National Archives at Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Mayor Michael A. Nutter
New Aisle Marker Signs: For Black History Month, the Reading Terminal Market is adding signs to their aisle markers devoted to 20 of Philadelphia's influential civil rights leaders.