As we shared in our January issue, PhillyCarShare has partnered with the American Cancer Society to launch PhillyPatientRide, a program providing cancer patients with free rides to treatment. This program relies on the participation of volunteers willing to dedicate just a few hours per month. To qualify as a volunteer driver you must:
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Apply and be approved for PhillyCarShare membership (no charge).
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- Cooperate with other PhillyPatientRide volunteers and staff.
- Volunteer a minimum of one time per month.
- Be emotionally stable, friendly and compassionate.
- Be sensitive to the patient.
- Be committed to helping others in need, and reliable in following through on all commitments.