Are you a bike-riding, garden-growing, veggie-composting professional looking for an entry-level job at an entrepreneurial company? Red Flag Media, a growing independent magazine publisher based in Philadelphia, seeks a driven individual to join our marketing and advertising team for Grid magazine.
This individual would work as an assistant to our Sales & Marketing Manager, helping to manage our growing contact database, engaging in phone sales, interfacing with advertisers, completing paperwork, helping with the production and preparation of marketing and advertising materials, and completing various other projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of computer proficiency and a background in Business, Marketing, Sales, Journalism or English. They will have knack for salesmanship, display excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to interact with a variety of people while keeping track of multiple projects. This person will have a familiarity with databases and the ability to organize and systematize information. We are looking for someone community-minded who is detail-oriented, goal-driven and entrepreneurial.
A passion for sustainability and for print is a must.
This is a full-time, entry-level position with generous benefits stationed in our Center City Philadelphia office. Salary is $27K to $32K, commensurate with experience, with ample opportunity for growth and development.
- Research and gather new advertising leads, and systematize and track them within the ad database
- Sell and traffick ads
- Manage phone and email-based advertising relationships and assist with client meetings
- Create insertion orders for all sales and work with the finance team to ensure that all advertisements are invoiced and paid per agreed-upon terms
- Create reports from the ad database and give weekly progress reports at advertising meetings
- Send out advertising e-blasts to targeted email lists
- Put together weekly advertiser mailings
- Table at events and festivals
- Preflight ads and perform basic design services for advertisers (training available)
- Help in placing ads and checking all final ad placements
- Candidates with design experience may help in doing simple ad builds
Other Duties As Assigned
- Red Flag Media is a small company, and all employees occasionally do work outside the scope of their primary job. Nighttime and weekend work is occasionally required.
Applications are due April 13. Our interview period closes April 18. Our ideal start date is April 11. Please be advised: only full applications that have completely followed our instructions will be accepted.
First, we care about cover letters. Explain your interest, convey your passion and tell us why you want to be a part of our team at Grid. Along with your résumé, please include any links to relevant design work.
We also want to get a feel for your experience and communication style. Please include a sample email in which you pitch Grid magazine to a potential advertiser.
These three documents (pitch email, cover letter and résumé) should be combined in a PDF to: email@example.com. Be sure to include "Grid Assistant" in the subject line of your email. No calls or drop-ins, please.
Once again, only applications that have followed our instructions will be accepted. We apologize that we will only be contacting those candidates that we wish to interview, and we thank you in advance for your interest in joining our team.